December 8, 2008

Pajamas Worn In Public

I’m sure you have seen it too. You’ve been to the mall, Wal-Mart, even the movies and you see it: a girl wearing pajamas in some form outside of the house. Perhaps you have even fallen victim of this same fate…

In Florida, I didn’t see it that often. Sure, at UCF I’d see it sometimes from fellow students – but not that often. Usually it was just from girls who woke up late and didn’t have time to put on regular clothes. Of course exception to the rule were the ones who thought it was okay to wear out of the house, or were just being lazy. I never fell victim to this. Personally, I don’t find it that hard to put on a pair of jeans and flip flops even with a t-shirt. The only time I ever left the house in pajamas was for spirit day in high school where we were supposed to wear pajamas.

Once I moved to Alabama though, I saw these pajama wearing women of all ages all over the place. I don’t know why they think it is acceptable, normal or even tolerable. Most of the time it isn’t even cute pajama bottoms or slippers. Usually it is worn out and gross. I see it most at Wal-Mart. One trip to Wal-Mart and you can see at least 10 women in some form of pajamas. These women also like to travel in packs. Maybe it makes them feel less embarrassed if the woman they are standing next to also forgot to put on normal clothing.

The mall is another favorite of these pajama wearers. One trip to the local mall here and you will see at least 3 of these women. The movies and even restaurants I have also spotted them at. ::sigh:: I just don’t get it.

I would understand it if these women were just going into the pharmacy because they were sick, and that is why they were still wearing pajamas. That isn’t the case though, I don’t think I’ve ever witnessed that even. These women apparently just think their pajamas and slippers are equal to jeans and sneakers. Why? WHY?

Have you seen these women in pajamas too? Where do you see them most often? Have you fallen victim to their same fate? Let me know!


*Enjoy the picture of Nicolette Sheridan in her pajamas here from x17online.com.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I've seen it in Wal-Mart too! I used to see it at school bu tnot as much anymore. I don't get it either

Sara said...

Agreed. It's not that hard to put on jeans a t-shirt.

Brenda Susan said...

I sii it here in Calif. a lot & never have understood it. I teach a school full of 20 somethings & see it a lot here. What's so hard about pulling on some jeans?

Tina said...

***Hides her head in embarassment***

I have to admit, i love my pjamas and I do sometimes wear them in public.

Anonymous said...

I've worn them out when I was sick, but otherwise I don't include it as part of my wardrobe outside of the house.

Pascale said...

Here in Belgium I never saw that happen. But people are sometimes wearing clothes far far worse & gross. I prefer to see someone in cute pajamas than in a dirty worn out sweater. ^^ But I wouldn't do it myself..